- This event has passed.
Papermaking Workshop with Richard & Emma Nichols
12th October 2019 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
After an introduction, brief overview of moulds and the history of both Eastern and Western papermaking, you will learn how to prepare pulp and the vat for use.
The day will be spent perfecting the techniques of making and processing paper, pressing, drying and sizing it ready for use. You will be able to take your paper home with you.
Programme of the Day
– Introduction to papermaking; history, equipment, materials and tools; show and tell
– Demonstrations; preparation of pulp and papermaking processes – Eastern & Western
– Participants papermaking, pulp preparation, pressing, drying etc
– Lunch (DVD on mould making available if desired)
– Continuation of papermaking
– Round up of day/Questions
Richard Nichols has been a Book and Paper Conservator working in archives for 43 years. He has been Senior Conservator at the Staffordshire Archive and Heritage Service since 1991.
Emma Nichols currently works as a Book and Paper Conservator at Cambridge University Library.
Numbers limited to 12 students: £20 members £25 non-members plus £3 each for materials
To book on this Workshop click HERE