The Society of Bookbinders’ Tutor Validation scheme
This is a scheme by which a tutor can become an accredited Society of Bookbinders Teacher and is only open to currently subscribed members of the Society of Bookbinders. It was set up to fill the gap which has arisen with the loss of most full time teaching establishments to provide official certification. There is a need for validation of tutors and binderies, especially to fulfil the criteria necessary for foreign student funding.
In addition to the Application Form the applicant needs to provide:
- An up to date CV which shows the tutor’s work and study record.
- Three references; two professional and one from someone the applicant has taught.
- At least 10 images of work undertaken by students the applicant has taught; with annotated details of the work, the student’s name and the year of completion.
- A cheque for £30.00 made payable to Society of Bookbinders Education & Training (this is to cover admin charges).
Following a successful application to become a validated SOB teacher an applicant will be provided with:
- A SOB Certificate signed by the President of SoB and the Chair of Education & Training Committee. This certificate is valid for 2 years from the date of issue, after which time application for renewal is required.
- A Validation Logowhich may be displayed and used in your teaching and advertising. This will be provided as both a hard copy and electronically.
- Inclusion in SoB listings and advertising to the society’s membership
- Eligibility for discounts on SOB courses/workshops to advance your teaching skills.
- Eligibility for a discount to attend the SoB Education & Training Seminar (held every two years)